Isinyithi Electrical Protection (IeP) specialises in the electrical and electromagnetic interference on metallic infrastructure for mainly on-shore installations. This includes the investigation and design of mitigation protection measures on metallic infrastructure (such as pipelines, tanks, steel structures) for inter alia:
- ac interference from overhead and buried high voltage power lines which includes capacitive (electrostatic), inductive (electromagnetic) and conductive (resistive) interference
- dc and ac Railway interference
- Stray current interference (from other CP systems, dc or ac installations, earthing)
- Telluric interference (geomagnetic)
Analysis of AC interference is undertaken using internationally recognised industry-standard software.
IeP specialises in assisting designers of steel pipelines with upfront advice on suitable designs that not only help against corrosion, but will result in designs that are suitable for CP appliocation and AC interference mitigation measures. This will enhance any design and ensure that the pipeline components are compatible with CP and AC mitigation systems. Pipelines in close proximity of high voltage overhead powerlines can be dangerous and personnel safety can be addressed by efficient mitigating designs. Incorporating the correct designs of the pipeline components upfront not only save the designers costs but also results in the most cost effective overall pipe system solution.
Isinyithi Electrical Protection and its seamless association with Isinyithi Cathodic Protection offer the following services in all aspects of corrosion protection of pipelines and underground installations, including:
- Design of CP (cathodic protection) systems for underground and exposed steel pipelines, reinforced concrete, process plant and storage tanks
- Specifications of suitable coatings
- Any necessary field investigations and specialised pipeline survey techniques for assessments and design inputs of CP systems (eg soil resistivity, DCVG, interference surveys, etc)
- Evaluation of existing pipeline systems
- Comprehensive refurbishment strategies including CP retrofit
- Routine monitoring and maintenance of cathodic protection systems
Over and above the normal MS Office suite of programmes (Word, Excel, Access, Powerpoint, Projects, Publisher) and CAD; Isinyithi Electrical Protection (IeP) have the following computer software programmes for specialised applications:
- Planet GIS (Geographic Information System)
- Right of Way (Pro) which is part of the CDEGS suite of programmes from Safe Engineering Services & Technologies Ltd (Canada) - latest update
Custom made utility programmes developed by others and in-house for own use.
Isinyithi Electrical Protection (IeP) has an internal quality management system that applies to the administrative, financial and project environments in the company.